- Assisting the veterinary during interventions in ZOO Antwerp and ZOO Planckendael
- Assisting with the autopsies
- Weighing out/preparing/readying drugs and supplements in accordance with the instructions of the veterinary
- Completing animal files in the database and translating them, preparing autopsy reports and translating same, preparing anaesthesia reports and translating them, preparing biochemical reports
- Managing the stock of surgical and laboratory supplies (+ ordering)
- Cadaver administration (listing and shipment)
- Management of veterinary samples (frozen/formol) for scientific research (listing and shipment)
I graduated in Agro and Biotechnology in 2009 from KaHo-Sint Lieven, Sint-Niklaas (now Odisee, Sint-Niklaas). In January 2010 I started as a veterinary assistant with Veterinary Surgeon Francis Vercammen in ZOO Antwerp and ZOO Planckendael.
I have no publications in my own name, although I am credited in the research referred to this publication for the delivery of material and data.